How to Create a Taco Bar with Quick-Cooking Ground Beef
Do you love tacos? Are you looking to spice up your dinner or your next party? You may have seen countertops covered in foil and food for taco or nacho night on TikTok, but #TacoTuesday bar just got a lot easier with Pound of Ground® Crumbles® frozen ground beef. Tacos and nachos are a delicious dinner treat any day that you can make in no time using ingredients you have in your pantry at home.
Ingredients to build your taco or nacho bar:
Ground beef and a taco spice packet
The easiest way to have ground beef at the ready is to have a package or two of no-thaw ground beef Pound of Ground® Crumbles® in your freezer. You can create a taco bar any night without any preplanning when you have Pound of Ground® in your freezer and a few ingredients on hand in your refrigerator or pantry. With Pound of Ground, you buy it frozen, store it in your freezer, and cook it from frozen in less than 10 minutes (which is as fast as cooking fresh ground beef).
Here are some basic things you can use from your pantry or fridge
- Taco shells (hard and/or soft) or tortilla chips
- Black olives
- Shredded cheese
- Lettuce or bagged salad (go ahead and shred it up)
- Salsa (you can substitute tomato sauce/paste from your pantry)
- Refried Beans
- Ranch dressing (or even chipotle ranch dressing) – ‘cause everyone loves ranch!
- Jarred queso dip
- Black beans
Don’t stop yourself there. Your taco or nacho bar possibilities are endless! There are many other ingredients you can use to spice up your taco or nacho bar.
- Jalapeno peppers (in a jar)
- Hot Sauce – Tabasco, Frank’s, Cholula
- Green olives
- Diced onion
- Canned or frozen corn – try a Mexican corn with peppers and spices
- Refrigerated packaged guacamole
- Mexican (or Spanish) Rice packets
If you would like to jazz up your taco bar even more, here are some ingredients you could get from the store or your garden:
Ingredients to freshen it up (this may require advanced planning or a trip to the store)
- Avocado – slice it or turn it into guac (you’ll need some lime, too)
- Sour Cream
- Fresh tomatoes
No meal is complete without a good presentation. Here are some ideas for decorations for your serving area, depending on what you have in the house.
Decorations for your serving area:
- Whole tomatoes, red onions, or avocados
- Cowboy hat
- Blanket, burlap
- Cilantro leaves (not cut up)
- Put your decorations at varying heights (use shoe boxes or Amazon, FedEx boxes to vary the heights)
This taco bar can bring a smile to everyone who comes to the table. Make sure you have Pound of Ground Beef Crumbles on hand. Simply read and follow the instructions on the package and your taco or nacho bar will be ready in no time. Gather around and enjoy! Find Pound of Ground Frozen Beef Crumbles in a store near you!
Written by Sarah Meyer